- Curtain Fabric Calculator
Curtain Fabric Calculator
Our curtain fabric calculator and estimator is one of the most advanced, comprehensive and versatile you'll find on the internet. Like a fabric but have no idea how much of it you will need for your window or windows? With our fabric calculator and estimator you can:
• Select between Single or Pair (A single curtain that opens from the side or a pair of curtains that will open from the middle)
• Differentiates between calculating for sheer curtains vs drapes
• Perform calculations based on whether you are using a single or double track
• Allows you to work with a large number of Heading types, including:
o Box Pleat
o Goblet Pleat
o Pencil Pleat
o Pinch Pleat
o Wave or S-Fold
o Rod Pocket
o Tab Top
• Takes account of the fabric pattern repeat
• Provides a result that takes into account the allowances you need to make for hems and returns etc.
Our curtain fabric calculator is so whiz-bang that if desired, it will even calculate the corresponding meterage of lining you will need for your project!
Simply make your selections from the easy to follow interface. - Add in the desired fullness and other information such as fabric width, pattern repeat, as well as rod/track length and curtain length
.. Then simply let our calculator do the rest.
Access the calculator from this page or by using the handy calculator icon at the top right of every page on our online store. This makes it super convenient to add fabric widths and pattern repeats directly into the calculator to assist you with all the what-if’s you may wish to explore as you evaluate fabrics on our store for suitability for use in your project.
If you have questions, or queries while performing your calculations, simply click on the handy question marks adjacent to the field entries. The blue question mark opens up to further information on assumptions used when performing calculations.
If at any time you need further guidance, or just want your figures sanity checked, simply email us at email@example.com or call us using one of the numbers across the top banner of our store. We also have an article on our fabric calculator in our store FAQ
Good luck with your Project!
Nancy | Ideal Drape Makers
Curtain Fabric Calculator/Estimator
Please read the additional info and be careful with your measurements
- Our fabric calculator is to be used as a guide only. Please feel free to contact us either via phone or email. We are more than happy to work through with you the calculations for your project.
- Sheer curtains are calculated in meters and using a standard length of sheer available. If you have long curtain lengths, you may have to railroad the sheer (create vertical joins. As such the calculations are different. Please contact us if this is the case.
- Our calculator takes into account overlaps + returns. For those treatments the return allowance is added to the fullness.
- Calculator makes allowances for 'returns' and 'overlaps' for all heading types except 'tab top', 'rod pocket' and 'eyelet' heading for both drapes and sheers. For those treatments where an allowance is made for returns and overlaps, the allowance has been added to the fullness.
- Pattern repeats quoted for products are approximate only. They can vary slightly for each batch / shipment from the mill.
- The calculator automatically adds 30cm allowances for drapery fabrics (15cm headings + 15cm hems)
- The calculator automatically adds 15cm allowances for lining fabrics (7.5cm headings + 7.5cm hems)
- The widths for drapes and meterage for sheers have been rounded up. e.g.; 2*4.85m sheer is 2*5m. Widths is rounded up to 2*3 widths.
- If using a Valance rod you will need to allow for the returns.